||Hegewisch - Beacon Tower
||In 1936, Hegewisch resident John Serafin built this radio tower to house a planned local radio station. Serafin was injured during construction, and the project was never completed. The tower stood for a number of years on 133rd and Baltimore Avenue. The land was sold to a funeral parlor next door for a parking lot. The tower was referred to as the "Beacon".
||1925; http://www.pullman-museum.org/cgi-bin/pvm/mainRecordDisplayXML.pl?recordid=10831; 82-2-7a
||The Industrial Heritage Archives provides reproductions of items from its collections for personal or research use. If an image is to be reproduced in any type of publication or on the web, written permission is required and use fees may be assessed.
||Southeast Chicago Historical Society