||Illustration from anniversary booklet "Roots in Chicago One Hundred Years Deep 1847-1947". Aerial view drawing "Wisconsin Steel Works, East 106th Street, Chicago was started by the Deering Harvester Company and developed by International Harvester after Deering joined in the formation of Harvester in 1902. Its blast furnaces, open hearth ovens, and mills provide pig iron and steel for many of the Company's operations. Its products are also sold to their iron and steel users. Wisconsin Steel occupies about 202 acres of land, has its own slips and docks for incoming raw materials, and employs about 5,000 people. Two company-owned ore boats, 'The Harvester' and 'The Internation' regularly transport ore from Lake Superior ore loading points to Wisconsin Steel." View northeast over Torrence Avenue. Calumet River at top in the distance.
||1650; http://www.pullman-museum.org/cgi-bin/pvm/mainRecordDisplayXML.pl?recordid=10544; 81-17-4-p26
||The Industrial Heritage Archives provides reproductions of items from its collections for personal or research use. If an image is to be reproduced in any type of publication or on the web, written permission is required and use fees may be assessed.
||Southeast Chicago Historical Society