||Republic Steel - Grand Crossing Tack Steel Mills c1902
||Republic Steel started in the Chicago area on the East Side as Grand Crossing Tack company located at 77th and Woodlawn and moved to 79th and South Chicago Avenue in 1883. In the early 1900s, they acquired a site at 118th and the Calumet River where they built two open hearth furnaces and a 35" blooming mill. Photo shows East Side side amid wetlands.
||SCH_Waterways,_Calumet_River; Republic_Steel; LTV; SCH_East_Side;
||2264; http://www.pullman-museum.org/cgi-bin/pvm/mainRecordDisplayXML.pl?recordid=11163; RSJOC-GrCrTackES1902
||The Industrial Heritage Archives provides reproductions of items from its collections for personal or research use. If an image is to be reproduced in any type of publication or on the web, written permission is required and use fees may be assessed.
||Southeast Chicago Historical Society